2018 Blackwood Markets
Artisan Market, 18 February 2018 *** FRINGE EVENT***
Showcasing everything Artisan = handmade and created, & Makers, artists, designers, creatives, builders, musicians, inventors, + more Live art, performances & music food & pop-up bar.
Wellness & Beauty Market, 15 April 2018
Health & well-being, and everything in between! Food, exercise, mental wellness, inner balance and beauty products and lotions & potions, and a range of experts
Fashion Market, 17 June 2018
New, vintage, second-hand clothing and accessories, showcasing up and coming designers.
Spring Market, 21 October 2018
Spring has sprung in beautiful Blackwood! Time to get into the garden, and everything market.
Christmas Market, TBA
Gifts, home wares, decoration, food, and everything you will need for the Festive Season!
In addition to stalls that suit each market’s appropriate theme, at each of our markets, we are also looking for:
• Buskers & Entertainers
• Outdoor Food Vendors
• Local Community Groups looking to fund-raise via their own stall or by holding a sausage sizzle (no charge applies). Groups holding a sausage sizzle must be able to provide evidence of their own public liability insurance, no exceptions.
Stall offers and invoices will be sent out via email; please note this could be some weeks from applying if the market is later in the year. We will make contact with all applicants whether your stall application is successful or whether we have had to put you on a wait list. Payment must be received by the due date to secure your stall, or it may be passed on to the next person on the wait list.
All stallholders must have their own Public Liability insurance (provide us with a copy) or opt in to purchase cover under the Blackwood Markets’ insurance. Anyone selling food must be able to provide the applicable Council safe food handling certificate.
Stall Types and Prices:
Standard Inside Stall (2 x 1.5m approximately. Room for 1 x trestle and chair) - $35. Includes a chair. Trestles are available for hire ($10), or bring your own.
Large Inside Stall (2.5 x 2.5m) approximately. Room for 1 x trestle and chair) - $45. Includes a chair. Trestles are available for hire ($10), or bring your own.
Standard Outside Stall (3 x 3m) - $45. Stallholders must provide their own marquee, chair and trestles.
Small Outside Stall (2.5 x 1m) - $35. This is in an undercover verandah area, and allows space for 1 trestle up against a wall, with a chair alongside.
Outdoor Food Truck Vendor - $50. You must have your own public liability insurance, a copy of which needs to be supplied to Blackwood Markets.
Suitcase Stall (1 x 1m) - $15. Allows for one medium or two small suitcases, OR a small card table, OR creative display of wooden crates, plus a chair to sit on. These stalls could also be utilised as an information stall for your business if you have no items to sell. We will supply a chair only. Items must be sold off of the display only; no additional racks, boxes, tables, floor space, etc allowed. It is an expectation that your display is presented professionally. Please note these stalls could be located either inside the hall, or outside under the verandah area, subject to space.
Random Row (Outside) (3 x 3m) - $45. This area allows for different methods of display other than a marquee set-up, e.g. carts, small trucks/vehicles, trailers, etc. Photos of stall must be provided via email upon application. This is for stallholders who may like to provide a demonstration of what they do or create their goods on the day, as well as sell goods. All display items and equipment are provided by the stallholder.
Performances and Demonstrations (On Stage) - 30 minute timeslot, including set-up and pack down. These will be kept to a strict time frame. Please contact us if you need more time and we will confirm availability. These demonstrations/ performances must be clearly outlined on your application form to enable an offer to be sent to you. All performances and demonstrations must have own public liability insurance. Please note that stage performances/demonstrations can only be held when the stage is available for our use, which can only be confirmed with the venue at approximately 1-2 months prior to the Market.
Informative Talks and Demonstrations (Off Stage) - $25 for a 30 minute timeslot, including set-up and pack down. These will be kept to a strict time frame. Please contact us if you need more time and we will confirm availability and pricing. All demonstrations must have own public liability insurance.
Power - $10. There is very limited power available on site and it is available inside the hall only. If you do require power, please contact us to confirm availability and requirements prior to submitting your application.
Marketing & Promotion
Each Market will be promoted individually;
• 400 postcards & flyers distributed locally and to neighbouring suburbs.
• stobie -pole signs & similar erected locally and in neighbouring suburbs 2-3 weeks prior to market.
• social media event listings.
• active online promotion, both of stallholders & market.
• local papers promotion.
• All stallholders are solely responsible for the installation, sales and bump out of their stalls.
• Display of work is at the stallholders' own risk.
• Blackwood Markets are not responsible for any losses sustained by any stallholders.
• Stalls must be presented neatly and professionally. No items can be on the ground and tables must be
covered with a cloth. Search online for presentation ideas and contact us if you need clarification.
• Stallholders are responsible for leaving their area clean and taking all rubbish with them.
• Stalls must be set-up and ready for trading by 10am and packing up is not permitted prior to 3pm.
• All no shows/cancellations within 21 days of the market are accountable for the full fee - no refunds.
• All stallholders must be covered by public liability insurance - either their own cover or by taking up Blackwood Markets’ cover.
• Bigger crowds benefit everyone, so all stallholders are required to aid in promoting the event through any means they have available, including distribution of flyers, advertising in their shop front, sharing the event on social media, etc. This information will be sent to you upon payment.
• By attending our Market, you agree to photos of yourself, stall and goods being used on our website and/or Facebook page and/or any other promotional materials.
• Any photos, Facebook pages and websites sent as part of your application may be used in promotional material.